What exactly is Rirria Ramen?
Birria Ramen is a mix of ramen and birria. Birria is a Mexican beef stew that’s savory, spicy, sweet, sour, and super savory. The beef chunks are slow-cooked in spices, dried chiles, and chipotles in adobo. Ramen is a Japanese noodle soup that has umami, chewy noodles, and toppings.
The birria consumption is used to make this birria-ramen. It’s the broth that we use to cook the noodles. We then add the noodles, chunks, meat, onions, cilantro, and jalapenos. Finally, squeeze some lime.
Rirria Ramen Recipes or Ingredients
- Short Ribs – This can be used in place of any meat or bone. The bone is essential for making broth. This is what will give the broth/consomme its thick texture.
- Guajillo peppers: (2500-5000 SHU). Adjust the chile if necessary. These are mild and add flavor and color to the broth. You can heat up the broth by adding a Chile de Arbol. I prefer to start with the Guajillo peppers, then add chili powder as necessary for flavor and color as the soup cooks.
- Carrots The carrots add a little sweetness and color to your broth. It also enhances the flavor.
- Ramen Noodles All we need are noodles. If your ramen noodles come in a seasoning packet, make sure you toss it.
How to make birria Ramen in 2022
- Prepare the birria. Marinate your beef for at least 2 hours, but no more than that if you have time. Then cook the stew in an Instant Pot under high pressure. Instant pot is great at cooking meat quickly and locking in flavor. You can also make this in a slow cooker or stovetop. Once the birria has been completed, take out the meat and shred it. The stock can be strained, but you do not have to. Once the meat and consume have been cooked, it is time to prepare your noodles.
- Make the ramen noodles. Boil a large pot of water to boil. Bring a large pot of water to boil. A large pot is best to ensure that your noodles don’t get boiled. Your noodles will take longer to cook if your pot is too small. Soggy noodles can be a disaster. You want chewy, toothsome noodles that have a little bite. Drain well.
- Make the bowl. Pour hot consume into large bowls (those that can hold at most 3 cups of liquid). Mix the drained noodles with some chopsticks. Add a large amount of beef, a birria Ramen Egg, shredded cabbage and onions, as well as cilantro, and garnish with a wedged lime.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which ramen noodles are the best?
Fresh noodles are best if you can find them at your local market. You don’t have to use the seasoning packet if you can’t.
What about Tapatio noodles?
This dish can be made with Tapatio noodles. The spice packet that comes along with the Tapatio noodles is spicy. If you like your birria noodles spicier, you can use some of the spice pack. Start with a small amount, then adjust according to your taste.
Can I make the noodles in the broth?
To cook the noodles, the broth must be hot. Pour the broth over the noodles and serve in a bowl. This is why it is recommended to cook the noodles separately.